Many women are reluctant to apply eye makeup themselves. This is because they are afraid that they will make a mistake or choose an unflattering look. Thankfully, there are a few tips and tricks that women can use to create attractive eye make-up styles. Learn some new techniques below, and confidently start applying your own eye makeup!
Preparing the Eyes for Eyeshadow
1. The first step in applying eye make-up is creating a solid base. Women can cover up blemishes and under-eye circles by using foundation, concealer and face powder.
2. It is important to apply foundation to the eyelids. This will ensure that any eye shadow will stay in place all day long.
3. Next, women should heap a generous amount of face powder under their eyes. If any eyeshadow flakes fall into the under-eye circles, the powder will catch it. This powder can be brushed away when the eye makeup has been applied. This step is very important as eyeshadow flakes can leave marks on the face and/or make the under-eye area appear darker.
Applying Eyeshadow to the Eyelids
4. Ideally, women will know what style or look they desire before application. The best way to choose a style is to look through magazines and find a picture of some eyeshadow. This picture can be used as a guide throughout the application process.
5. It is important to have the right tools when applying eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. A good make-up kit will contain brushes, q-tips and sponges for foundation application. Q-tips can be used to clean up mistakes.
6. Most eyeshadow looks use a base color. This color is usually neutral or contrasts with the main color. The base color can be applied all the way up to the eyelid.
7. Applying the main shadow color is often the most difficult part of eyeshadow application. Those who are creating a design on their eyelids should take their time. This color should be applied to the main part of the eyelid.
8. After the eyeshadow has been applied, women will need to apply eyeliner. Lots of people are nervous about this step as they are afraid they will poke themselves in the eye. The key to successfully applying eyeliner is to make a clean sweep with the wand. Like with all make-up application tasks, eyeliner application gets easier with practice.
9. Long, thick lashes complete an eye make-up look. The lashes can be made to appear longer than they are by using an eyelash curler.
10. Those who want thicker lashes can apply eyelash primer before they apply their mascara. This product thickens and lengthens lashes.
Applying eye makeup is not difficult. Women who practice applying eye products regularly will eventually apply make-up like a professional. People who need extra guidance can opt to take a make-up course at community college. These courses will teach women the tricks professional make-up artists use to create a flawless look. Taking a course is a good idea for anyone who is interested in a career as a make-up artist.
Sam Moser has been covering the fashion and beauty industry for over 5 years, and has been contributing tips for beauty college blogs. Since graduating from the School of Journalism at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario, Sam has written almost exclusively for the web.
Incoming search terms: